Korat-Legal



For legal services in Thailand, contact: Korat-Legal

STORMBLAST1953

My friend Henk Landkroon, from Groningen in the Netherlands, has an excellent photoblog: STORMBLAST1953

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween

As you might guess, Halloween is not a big deal here in Thailand. Still, I like to carve a pumpkin now and then. Trouble is, most of the pumpkins sold in Thailand are kind of flat and wide; not so easy to find an appropriately shaped surface on which to carve a face.

Yesterday I stopped by our local "Express" minimart and found a bunch of whole pumpkins, some of which looked good enough for carving. My first attempt after a six year hiatus.

As purchased. 78.50 baht is about US$2.50.

All carved and ready to fly.

Testing out the candle.

As displayed on Halloween on our front wall. Not many people out and about in our neighborhood, so hardly anyone noticed. Still, I had a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment